Employment, Broad Theater
The once historic theater in downtown Souderton, PA (dating back to 1922!), has undergone extraordinary renovations to revitalize the place that once proudly projected films and brought the community together in a buzz of excitement back in the day. Broad Theater, an independent movie theater, is committed to honoring its rich tradition while also attracting modern patrons seeking a state-of-the-art theater experience. With its three screens and over 300 seats, Broad Theater invites the community to watch a variety of first-run, classic, and independent films or even host private events in rooms that reverberate with a welcoming warmth. Broad Theater is a place where concessions are classic and affordable, where FreeWill Brewing is on tap, and where memories are made in going to the movies. Join our team as we write the next chapter of Broad Theater’s history.
Local student filmmaker Emilie McCarthy interviews Theater Attendant Matthew O'Brien about his experience working at Broad Theater.
Now Hiring- Part-Time Theater Attendants
Theater Attendants work at the box office selling tickets, concessions, apparel, and gift cards, maintain building cleanliness, and assist with special events as needed.
1. Customer Service: We want our patrons to have the best movie theater experience! We pride ourselves on top-notch customer service. That means exchanging friendly greetings with patrons at the door, assisting in concession selection, helping them find their way around the theater, and talking with them about the movies afterwards. Our team members go above and beyond to make each customer’s experience pleasant and memorable. You will provide information about upcoming events, usher patrons to their seats, and ensure all attendees are safely enjoying the movie viewing experience.
2. Money Handling: We are looking for responsible team members to work the cash register, assist with inventory, and ensure everything is properly accounted for at the end of the night.
3. Theater Cleanliness: Take ownership of cleanliness in all areas of the theater. Follow all food handling procedures to ensure a clean, organized, and well stocked concession stand. Regularly clean and disinfect all common areas, including theaters, restrooms, and lobby.
4. Events: Help us host birthday parties, special interest groups, local business meetings and more! Have the opportunity to periodically submit your ideas about film programming.
5. Technical Aspects: Running a theater involves a lot of different technology. You’ll be expected to have the willingness to learn new skills.
What You’d Bring
A love for movies
A love for people and a passion to give all customers the best experience possible
Honesty and great communication skills
Willingness to be a team player
Attention to detail
Enjoy our free movie program
Make a difference in the community
Be a part of a really amazing team
Time and a half pay on holidays worked (up to 9 a year)
If you are interested in applying to work with us, please fill out the application below!